Monday, July 23, 2012

Le Fashionista: The Glorified Fanny Pack

The new apple of my eye: Neo Victorian Steampunk belt bag by One Leaf Creations
Back in April I went with my friend Maria and a few other belly dance friends to rock on at the Beats Antique Concert at Brooklyn Bowl. While we were dodging poi, Maria expressed her desire to purchase a hip pouch belt. She described it to be “like the fanny pack” only dressier and fashionable (I'll say, because the original is so not fashionable :p). In her pool of information she mentioned that a lot of girls wear them to raves and similar events (like the one we were already at with our shoulder purses, yup). I made a mental note to hit one of my top favorite places to shop: eBay baybaaaay! A few weeks later while trying to keep myself awake during an overnight shift, I finally whipped out my new handy iPhone and tapped on the Ebay app. Key words: rave hip pouch belt. More key words: hope no one who can fire me at work reads this. That night I found my dream belt by Eyes of India, posted it on Facebook where it was crowned the “Glorified Fanny Pack” by my friend Jon, and decided I needed to wait a few weeks before I could afford to own this Glorified Fanny Pack. I didn’t have a place to wear it to anymore, but I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing Fuerza Bruta again in NYC, only this time with my arms completely free and ready to dance! When I went to purchase it, it had already been sold. Womp, womp…woooooomp.

My sold out version by Eyes of India. You can find other styles from them here. I'd bling some of those other styles up and BEDAZZLE it!!





This style by Eyes of India is ideal for me since I like to carry a lot of little things that are "survival kit" status. I love how it had a large zippered pocket where you can keep your money, phone and other valuables and I'd use the side pockets for make-up, gum and other little items that I feel more secure having on hand!
Read more »