Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Creative Process of an Olga Ayala Wedding Cake Topper...


I'm not the type of girl to fantasize much about my wedding day, particularly because I will change my mind a thousand times before I even find a suitable boyfriend. However, I've known for quite some time who I want to make my cake, and now, I know exactly who will be making my wedding cake topper. That person is Olga Ayala. For years she has been fascinating me with her endless creativity and multi-talents. As a matter of fact, I'm having a difficult time not getting distracted by my new Olga Ayala ring I am wearing as I type this! I must confess, after seeing this wedding cake topper, I have found myself fantasizing about what mine may look like. Though to most, it shouldn't be a surprise that I fantasize about anything food oriented and/or art and fashion related. If I were to marry now, I'm thinking that a white belly dance inspired wedding dress with aurora borealis crystal salsa shoes would be the ideal polymer clay sculpture to represent me (or my alter ego I should say). In my fantasy, it has a red base to match my dream cake design which I saw at a bridal expo that I went to for my baby sister's upcoming wedding.

Here are images of Olga's personalized wedding cake topper that I found on Facebook and the process of creation. I know that all of my salsero and rumbero friends will just love this one! Keep on scrolling to view the creative process of Olga's work with polymer clay and read the rest of this post caption style. I'll meet you again at the end of the photo journey! Keep on scrolling, keep on scrolling, keep on scrolling...

The beginning stages: You'll be amazed at what these wire and tin foil figures will be made into (forget that you saw the finished project at the top of this post please) ;)

Pictures of the bride to be at different angles, with various facial expressions doing a variety of things...

And to think it all started as a tin foil and wire figurine...(yeah, I have something to say for each photo, I love to "talk")

I love the details on the hem of the dress; a true bomba y plena wedding gown!

Without the veil, with the veil. Looks like she's about ready to dance down the aisle!

Getting the groom ready for his dancing bride...

and what's a dancing bride without music to dance to, provided by non other than the love of her life? Here you can see that Olga views the photos, not just to form the sculptures to the bride and grooms likeness, but also to capture their lifestyle and the things they enjoy doing.

So amazed! I love the detail on the instrument!


All done! Image 1

Image 2

With the hand of the artist.


A personalized wedding cake topper, made by the hands of a talented artisan is without a doubt a must for me now. It's also multifunctional piece of art; it will now undoubtedly be their favorite piece of home decor, reminding them of their special day and the love they share each and every time they look at it :)

Personalized Wedding Cake Topper by Olga Ayala=Best.Wedding.Cake.Topper.Idea.EVER!
You can tell by these photos that it takes a lot of work and talent to create this wonderful masterpiece. Olga never fails to impress me; I love her style and creative mind! Read below for all of her contact info. Thanks for reading!

Besos, Beijos, Filakia, MUAH!

Love,

Lisa xo


Read more »