Saturday, April 21, 2012

Beauty Beats the Beast Numero I: If you don’t like black, then YOU DON’T KNOW JACQUES! O.P.I. Nail Lacquer

I love the way this color looks against white!


Have you ever admired how black nail polish looked on other people to only think “eh” once you had your own fingers adorned in the trendy color? I don’t know what it is, but once it’s on my own fingers I am taking it off within the first 24 hours.

I’ve tried dark purples, blues and burgundies to pull off the dark colored look, though none have satisfied my desire to pull off this look in a way that suits me. Then one glooooooooooorious day while going through my aunt’s medicine cabinet I discovered YOU DON’T KNOW JACQUES! the other black nail color ;p This color has been around for some time and is part of OPI’s Paris collection and comes in Suede finish as well. Though described as a “dark gray”, to my 20/20 vision eyes (eh hem, lies, lies) it’s more like a taupe meets brown, meets black, meets gray, meets some shade of purple type of color. While the online pictures of the color do look like a dark gray in the bottle and on others nails, live and on me (and in my bottle) it looks like my own personal description above. And don’t blame it on my lack of 20/20 vision, with glasses on it’s a perfect 20/20 ;)

Any hoo, with the discovery of YOU DON’T KNOW JACQUES! I now have my preferred alternative to the black nail polish trend in my possession!

Besos, Beijos, Filakia,

Lisa xo