Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cluless in the Suburbs-Photo Editing Dramas...HELP!



So, last night I played around some with the header of my blog, and chose this picture from a photo shoot I did not too long ago. Of all my photos, it was most representative of my gypsy life; the big bag, me walking away (yes, in reality, it's more like 5 big bags and me sitting in the middle, legs half in air and flustered, but I don't have a photo of that yet and "flustered" is not the look I'm going for).

Anyway, to my annoyance, once up on the blog it looks blurry! And it's a professional photo :/ I did filter it with "Poprocket" on Instagram for iPhone, which may have altered it a bit and I don't like the black borders, and of course the blurriness. I am going to work on editing the photo again tonight, but in the meanwhile, does anyone have any suggestions? Did I do something wrong? What can I do to make it better? HELP! SAVE MY SHIP! DAMSEL IN DISTRESS!

Here are the pics, in original and edited format.

Love, 

Your overly dramatic friend Lisita (I'm utilizing my Cuban given name today in honor of Nicolita Swimwear and my Abuela bella) 

xo

 PHOTOS TAKEN BY ERIC MAYR OF EM PHOTO SERVICES, STATEN ISLAND, NEW YORK
Original Photo

After editing, filtering & cropping<--I imagine this may be why it looks less clear, but why such a huge difference?!?! 

What I want, but with a border that blends better with my current blog template and a pinkier and prettier font.



Photos edited on my iPhone with Instagram and captioned with Captions PM